PERSONAL PROFILE OF JUNIOR MEDICAL STUDENTS WITH THE STATES OF MENTAL EXHAUSTION

  • Сергій Єфіменко Postgraduate Student of the Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, General and Medical Psychology, Narcology and Sexology, Zaporizhzhia State Medical University
Keywords: mental exhaustion, burnout, medical students, medical university, personal profile

Abstract

Purpose of the research: to reveal the characteristics of the personal profile of 1-3 year students of a higher educational medical institution with states of mental exhaustion, as the basis for a system of their complex correction.
Materials and methods. To solve this goal, subject to the provision of informed consent, during the session period, 770 students of the Zaporizhzhia
State Medical University (Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine), who studied at different courses and faculties of the institution, were examined, among them for further clinical-anamnestic, clinical-pathopsychological, clinical-psychopathological, clinical-psychodiagnostical research 324 students were selected.
Results and discussion. It was found that 175 students (54.0% of respondents) demonstrate signs of mental exhaustion, of which the research group (RG) was formed, the remaining 149 (46.0%) students, without diagnostically significant signs of mental exhaustion, were assigned to the comparison group (CG). For the students of the RG (p<0.05), high indices on the subscales were characteristic: «Neuroticism» (142 (81.1%) students of the RG and 68 (45.6%) students of the CG); «Spontaneous aggression» (85 (48.6%) students of the RG and 37 (24.8%) students of the CG); «Depressiveness » (110 (62.8%) students from the RG and 33 (18.9%) students from the CG); «Irritability» (114 (65.1%) students from the RG and 55 (36.9%) students from the CG); «Reactive aggression» (60 (34.3%) students from the RG and 30 (20.1%) students from the CG); «Shyness» (89 (50.9%) students from the RG and 35 (23.5%) students from the CG); «Openness» (82 (46.9%) students from the RG and 43 (28.9%) students from the CG); «Emotional lability» (115 (65.7%) students from the RG and 39 (26.2%) students from the CG).
Conclusions. The predispositional characterological features of students of a medical university with states of mental exhaustion include high rates of neurotization with psychosomatic disorders, the presence of a depressive response, anxiogenic difficulties in establishing social contacts, and, as a result, introversion and avoidance of long-term communication with others.

References

1. Бабатіна С. І. Особливості сприйняття та переживання часу у студентів на етапі адаптації та ідентифікації. Наука і освіта. 2013. № 7. С. 120-125.
2. Воробьева М. А. Связь эмоционального интеллекта и синдрома эмоционального выгорания у студентов. Образование и наука. 2016. № 4 (133). С. 80-94.
3. Городецкая И. В., Коневалова Н. Ю., and Захаревич В. Г. Исследование ситуативной и личностной тревожности студентов. Вестник Витебского государственного медицинского университета. 2019. № 18 (5). С. 120-127.
4. Грицук О. В. Емоційні стани студентів як метакогнітивне утворення. Наука і освіта. 2014. № 6. С. 30-34
5. Прохоров А. О., Юсупов М. Г. Познавательные состояния в контексте интеллектуальной активности студентов. Ученые записки Казанского университета. Серия Гуманитарные науки. 2014. Т. 156. Кн. 6. С. 189-198
6. Рыбина Н. А., Бобров А. Е., Кулыгина М. А. Типология расстройств адаптации у студентов. Ученые записки СПбГМУ им. И.П. Павлова. 2009 Т. 16, № 1. С. 40-44.
7. Сидоров К. Р., Крохина И. Г. Исследование причин тревожности учащихся. Новое образование. 2013. № 1. С. 3-5.
8. Тюряпина И. В. Особенности психоэмоционального состояния у студентов с различными акцентуациями личности в период адаптации к вузу. Мир науки, культуры, образования. 2016. № 1 (56). С. 246-250.
9. Чугунов В. В. Норма в психиатрическом измерении: монография. Львов: Магнолия-2006, 2021. 632 с. ISBN: 978-617-7937-04-2.
10. Шифнер Н. А., Бобров А. Е., Кулыгина М. А. Клинические особенности и варианты динамики расстройств адаптации у студентов. Вестник психиатрии и психологии Чувашии. 2012. № 8. С. 43-61.
11. Medical student stress: An elective course as a possibility of help / M. A. Pereira, M. A. Barbosa, J. C. de Rezende et al. BMC Res. Notes. 2015. № 8. URL: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4566435/
Published
2021-12-30
How to Cite
Єфіменко, С. (2021). PERSONAL PROFILE OF JUNIOR MEDICAL STUDENTS WITH THE STATES OF MENTAL EXHAUSTION. Men’s Health, Gender and Psychosomatic Medicine, (1-2), 90-95. https://doi.org/10.37321/UJMH.2021.1-2-11